New Look Rangers

• Would like to keep the Kid Line together, at least to start the season. I don't like to label 1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc, so Kredier-Zibanejad-Blais/Kravtsov, Panarin-Trocheck-Blais/Kravtsov, Lafreniere-Chytil-Kakko, Goodrow-Carpenter-Reaves.

• Would like to keep the Kid Line together, at least to start the season. I don't like to label 1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc, so Kredier-Zibanejad-Blais/Kravtsov, Panarin-Trocheck-Blais/Kravtsov, Lafreniere-Chytil-Kakko, Goodrow-Carpenter-Reaves.

The kid line was our best line, so agree it should remain unchanged. I feel like this is the year Kakko breaks out. I also like the idea of not labeling lines, just having 4 lines to work with regardless of status. The best teams operate this way.

• I’m getting uber bullish on Laffy. 19 goals and 17% shooting percentage not playing a ton of minutes. Feel like the light is going to be fully on shortly and he’s going to be a star. Also think Miller’s game will start to contribute more offense.

• I am rooting so hard for Zac Jones to make the roster. He gives them someone who can play the PP without having to play your 6th forward as a point man, has skill and speed, and I thought was very solid defensively. Plus, it would give me a Virginia kid to root for (he was born in Richmond.)

• I am rooting so hard for Zac Jones to make the roster. He gives them someone who can play the PP without having to play your 6th forward as a point man, has skill and speed, and I thought was very solid defensively. Plus, it would give me a Virginia kid to root for (he was born in Richmond.)

Going to be tough for him to crack the lineup with Fox holding down the under-6’ slot.

• Going to be tough for him to crack the lineup with Fox holding down the under-6’ slot.

Even at his size, I thought he was at the very least as good defensively as any of the others that got a look at left D (Nemeth, Hajek, Lundskvist on his offside), and is way more confident handling and moving the puck. You don't have to play D if you are carrying the puck out of the zone, versus watching Braun and Nemeth chasing the puck (and losing the race) shift after shift.

• If the coaching staff is confident that Schneider can step up and be even better defensively than last year, then I thing they may take a chance on putting Jones in the #6D spot. Schneider's development has just as much importance in Jones making the team, as Jones skillset. If the coaching staff is not 100% confident that Schneider has taken the next step, you will see a more defensive dman next to schneider. just my gut.

• Mika had a similar stat line to laffy at the same age, but a much lower shooting %. Laffy is going to be so good for such a long time here. Let’s not be like Ottawa and get impatient with the development.

I don't think Laffy is the problem.Kakko and to a lesser extent Chytil are the problems.Chytil's main problem is that,except for an injury he will slot in as a third line center,which means less playing time and less production,which means smaller contract.

• Disagree.

I went back and watched a couple of Jones appearances, and I thought he was fine in his own end. But (thinking of the Florida game in particular where the Rangers won 5-2 without Fox), he was paired with Hajek, and frankly I couldn't tell you what Hajek was thinking on some of those shifts.

One of those guys (Hajek, Jones, Robertson, Lundkvist if he can play his offside) are going to start out with Schneider for cap reasons. They will get a long look, and if it isn't working, they will trade for another Braun type at the deadline where the salary won't matter much. Of those four, who are you running with?