NYR Rumors

• C

Changed the title of the thread from “Eichler Rumors.” to “Eichel Rumors.”.
  • I'm just sticking this little FYI tidbit here since I didn't want to start a new thread for it....who would have thought that we would have needed someone to be a deterrent/avenger ?:whistling::saint:

From Brooks article today:

2. The Bruins have left both physical and psychological imprints upon the Blueshirts through their first four confrontations, all of which were played in New York. Nick Ritchie barreled through the crease and elbowed Shesterkin in the head without retribution on Feb. 26 before he conveniently landed on Georgiev’s head two days later. Brendan Lemieux threw down with Ritchie at the buzzer of the Feb. 28 contest.

The B’s have targeted Ryan Lindgren and have been unafraid to flaunt their physicality against a Rangers team that just doesn’t have the necessities to match up in a survival-of-the-fittest.

So, is it a coincidence with a pair coming up in Boston on Thursday and Saturday, that the Blueshirts signed Mason Geertsen, a 25-year-old, 6-foot-4, 215-pound career minor league semi-hooligan who had been in Hartford on an AHL contract, to an NHL two-way deal last week and then moved him from defense to wing?

Could Geertsen — who has picked up 519 penalty minutes, 43 fighting majors and 55 points (7-48) in 317 pro games after having fought 34 times while playing junior in the WHL, according to Hockey Fights — be promoted for these games in order to act as a be an against the B’s?

Does that sort of thing even exist in this NHL? Would his presence and the element he brings to the rink cause the Bruins to think twice before continuing their marauding ways or would they instead feast? Would the Rangers go down that road?

• C

Changed the title of the thread from “Eichel Rumors.” to “Rumors Thread”.
  • Agreed Kill, but there's a reason that many teams step up their aggressive play when playing the Rangers. Ranger management thinks that they can counter that aggression with finesse and PP points. That hasn't happen in many moons and won't happen until they realize, honestly I don't know what it will take to make them realize what many fans and the media know and that is they need somebody like Schneider and a couple more like him that can play the wing and not only contribute in the toughness and grit area but in the skills of the game. We all knew it before the season started, somehow the Rangers missed the boat this year and were waiting for next year to address the glaring problem. I guess that JD thought that Lemieux could take care of the problem. Silly, silly JD, such a stupid move by such a smart man.

• honestly I don't know what it will take to make them realize what many fans and the media know and that is they need somebody like Schneider and a couple more like him that can play the wing and not only contribute in the toughness and grit area but in the skills of the game. We all knew it before the season started, somehow the Rangers missed the boat this year and were waiting for next year to address the glaring problem. I guess that JD thought that Lemieux could take care of the problem. Silly, silly JD, such a stupid move by such a smart man.

Lemieux has been not only ineffective, but counterproductive most nights.

What ever happened to the tough 4th line energy lines we used to have? Team toughness, Other teams do it, why can't we?

• 94, I’ve agreed with you about the poor “toughness” signings this summer. They’ve provided offense but haven’t done anything to provide grit in our lineup.

It’s why I keep hoping they’ll start making moves this season to trade some of our redundant skill for those types of players. We aren’t making the playoffs this year so we might as well get a head start on next year.

• Kill, not only get a start for next year but to protect what we have this year or at least try to protect. As Brooks mentioned and what we here at the cafe already knew Lindgren has become a target and not only by the Bruins. He plays hard, finishes his checks and the other teams don't like it so they make him pay every chance they get.

Who on our team makes the other team pay? I've seen our stars get mauled on a pretty regular basis and that includes our goalies. I try not to post about it anymore because I'm sick of seeing it and posting the same crap over and over again. I guess this Brooks article just brought them to the surface again. Damn Brooks.:thumbdown:

• You rarely find a guy who is tough AND can play regular minutes. Those guys you need to draft, I think with JD at the helm he has started to do this, with drafting the likes of Schneider and Will Cuylle. But it takes time to draft enough of these players and have them mature to play with the big squad. But those 2 guys are going to add a lot of toughness and be able to play.

• Eddie, that is true. Our PP just plain sucks and they don’t do a thing to fix it. And if they are, the players surely aren’t showing it. One way to make teams stop is to make them pay on the PP. We give them a 2 minute breather.

Frank, I do think you can trade for those types. We have plenty of skill guys and there are teams who need that skill to compliment their tough forwards. Just gotta find a partner which I’m not sure the Rangers are even doing. If it’s going after Eichel, that ain’t it. I haven’t heard of the Rangers looking at anyone. They can’t just stand pat on the roster for their rebuild.

• Covid protocols have made trades very difficult to complete, especially between teams in the Northern division and the rest of the NHL. Probably a good thing that Zibanejad has sucked and Panarin is MIA as that has forced Quinn to play the kids more.